3rd March 2016
Here is a reminder of some upcoming events.
On Tuesday 15th March we will have three celebrations in the school from 9.15a.m. to 10.15a.m. Everybody is very welcome to join us in school on that morning.
- Formal Raising of the Tri – colour:
- Unveiling of the Global Citizenship plaque
- Showcasing the process and final product from our Junior Entrepreneur Programme:
Tuesday 15th March: Formal raising of the Ti-colour There will be a formal raising of the Tri-colour Flag in schools nationwide on Tuesday 15th March 2016. Mrs Moynihan will raise our tri-colour.
Tuesday 15th March -Junior Entrepreneur Show Case Event: As you know after much market research, our Junior Entrepreneurs decided on their project – Loreto Links. They designed and made customised bracelets. They will showcase their efforts on Tuesday 15th March 2016. Thank you for supporting our Junior Entrepreneur Project.
Tuesday 15th March – Unveiling of the Global Citizenship Plaque: The plaque recognises our school’s long term commitment to work for a better and fairer world. Our actions start with the individual, move out to the family, school and local community and eventually spread to include all of humanity.
Board of Management Report: Board of Management meeting 23rd February 2016
- Staffing: We have 109 pupils enrolled in our school presently, so next September we will go from five classroom teachers to four classroom teachers at least in the short term. We are appealing this decision. The pupil numbers for September 2016 indicate that the school will again be a five classroom teacher school for the year 2017 – 2018.
- Safety with Parking: . A second no parking sign has been purchased and erected to prevent cars parking directly outside the railing as this prevents the flow of traffic. Thank you for adhering to these signs when collecting and dropping your children. We hope it will improve traffic congestion. Mike Lucey, Alan O’Meara and Sean Cronin are organising three new Flag poles for the ceremony of raising of the new tri colour.
- Facebook: The Board of Management has decided to discontinue our school Facebook Page. Parents will be able to access photographs of all events on our school website. Photographs will be centralised in one place.
Lenten Raffle: Our Lenten Raffle has been launched. Proceeds go to support the Loreto School we are twinned with in Jicamarca in Peru. Children are asked to bring in suitable prizes e.g. toys, books etc. What you no longer need may be a treasure to someone else. Tickets cost 25 cent each and €1.00 per strip and our main draw will take place on Wednesday 16th March. Any prizes for the main raffle would be really appreciated.
Football: Mini Sevens Boys Competition will take place on 12th April and the Mini Seven Girls Competition will take place on 13th April.
Credit Union Quiz: Well done to all who represented the school in the Credit Union Quiz recently.
School Uniform: Reminder: Tracksuit days are Mondays and Thursdays unless class teachers specifies other days.
Sacrament of Confirmation: Sixth class will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation on Friday 4thMarch 2016 in St. Mary’s Cathedral at 3p.m. School will close at 12 noon on that day.
Centenary Celebrations: As part of the Centenary celebrations 5th and 6th class visited Muckross House for a guided tour of the house on 17th February. They had a very enjoyable and educational day.
Annual Gap Trip: The annual 6th class visit to St. Mary of the Angels School and Gap trip will take place on Friday 20th May 2016 (weather permitting).
First Confession: Second class will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation (First Confession) on Thursday 10th March at 6.45p.m. in the Church of the Holy Spirit, Muckross. Please note the change of time. This is due to the shortage of priests in the Parish.
First Holy Communion: First Holy Communion will take place in Muckross Church on Saturday April 23rd at 10.30a.m. We would be very grateful if children from 3rd 4th, 5th and 6th classes kept this morning free to form the choir.
Spanish Classes: Angela Healey BA Spanish has commenced Fun for all Spanish classes in the school on Tuesdays from 2.50p.m. to 3.50p.m.
Enrolments: If you have any family member or know of any child intending to start school in Scoil Bhríde, Loreto in September 2016 please ask them to complete a registration and an enrolment form immediately.
Easter Holidays: School will close at 12 noon on Wednesday 16th March for Easter Holidays and reopen on Monday 4th April. I wish you all a very Happy Easter.
If you have any queries on school related matters do not hesitate to make an appointment to see the class teacher or myself.
Kind Regards, __________________________
Mary O’Sullivan Principal